Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Down 90 Pounds!




Today, I am officially down 90 lbs! Wow. I have not been this size since I was pregnant with my 7 year old! I never thought this day would come. It has been a tough and long journey, but so worth it!


When I first started this journey, I was only able to exercise about 15-20 minutes at a time. I was out of shape. I had lost complete control. I got that way because I ate out of boredom. I was a newly single parent and it was hard. All of my friends lived far away and I stayed at home, on the couch, everyday. One day, I decided to go back to school and then I decided I needed a change. I needed to find myself again. I tore out the exercise pages of magazines I had and put them in a notebook. I did maybe 2 each day and eventually, I was able to do more and more. Within a year, I lost 50 lbs. I did not eat much and I was hungry all of the time. So, when I did eat, I gained. This continued for a few years.


Last year, I was in college and was taking an Anatomy class and needed an extra "easy" class for my hours. I found a Nutrition class and I figured it would be an easy A. Turns out, it was the only class I have ever taken where I actually read the chapters several times. It was so interesting and I loved it. That is when I knew what I needed to do. I learned so much from that class. I even signed up for a 5K. I started running and thought I was going to fall over in the grass on my first run. I never stopped during the runs. I knew I had to do it. I ran for 8 weeks. Needless to say, when I did my first 5K, I did not do as well as I had hoped. The course had tons of hills and I was not prepared. I was discouraged and I quit running.


In January, I had to take another Anatomy and wanted to take another "easy" class so I could dedicate my time to the Anatomy. I saw they offered a Health class. I signed up. Again, I LOVED it. I learned alot of new things about eating healthy and different addictions and diseases. Very interesting class. Since I have taken both of these, I have done better than I ever have. I have started running again (for 5 weeks now!) and I am actually eating and not starving myself. I recently checked into getting a degree in dietics/fitness and wellness.


If I can do this, you can too! I have hit so many plateaus, I can't even count them. I just worked through them. I don't even eat fast food anymore. I hate it now and I used to eat it 3 or 4 times a week. Be patient and stick with it! It is worth it in the end!

2 comments: